+33 (0) 6 81 73 28 80
Delivered by Durham University Business School and emlyon business school, the Global DBA is a new part-time executive doctoral programme taught across multiple global locations: Durham, Paris and other global module destinations. You will have the unique opportunity to learn from and work with internationally renowned faculty at two of Europe’s most innovative and highly-ranked "triple crowned" business schools. This programme has been specifically designed to respond to the global need for business leaders who can truly challenge current professional practices and devise new methods for progression. By combining an academically rigorous doctoral education with business practices, you will upgrade your business knowledge, enhance your analytical and critical thinking capabilities, and ultimately accomplish impactful change as an empowered leader and recognized expert in your field. The DBA will also require you to produce a doctoral thesis to help bridge the gap between business practice and academia, generate new knowledge, and create real business value.
Join us in this exceptionally unique programme: January, 2023!Michel PHAN & Kostas NIKOLOPOULOS,
GDBA Durham-emlyon Programme
• Push the boundaries of knowledge with the help of 2 faculty thesis advisors (1 from each school), cutting-edge facilities, and expert minds
• Accelerate your personal development to become an impactful leader capable of enacting lasting change
• Expand and improve yourself, both professionally and personally, across boundaries and in a global context
WHAT SETS US APART
• Flexibility to conduct your studies and research while working
• Small and selective cohort, ensuring a high degree of peer interaction
• World-renowned international faculty and research centres
• Double degree programme awarded by two Triple-Crowned business schools in France and the UK
DBAs are on the rise, is this degree right for you?
Data is not yet available as the first cohort has not yet finished the programme
emlyon business school
"The Global DBA Durham-emlyon double degree offers an opportunity for senior professionals to carry out original research in an area that they're truly passionate about in great depth, and with the guidance of experts in the field. It allows participants to accomplish this all whilst working full-time and balancing a work-life balance with family and friends. In a world that is becoming ever more fractured, this unique Anglo-French collaboration with Durham University Business School demonstrates our belief in the importance of international collaboration through high-quality teaching and impactful research to ultimately provide bright minds the chance to examine and solve particular business challenges that currently exist in the quest to create a better tomorrow.” emlyon business school
Durham University Business School
"This is an exciting international partnership for Durham University Business School which helps to further our mission to develop global leaders and entrepreneurs who can confidently push the boundaries of business practice, present new ideas and become transformational business leaders. Through collaboration with emlyon business school, our Global DBA offers an education which answers the most pressing needs of modern society and industry.”
The programme consists of five core modules in its first two years and independent research study thereafter. This all culminates in the writing and oral defense of a doctoral thesis. It involves part-time study over the course of 2 years, structured in a way that you can combine your demanding professional career and personal life with periods of intense study and individual research. The remaining 2-4 years are built to be used to research and write the doctoral thesis, where participants are supported by online resources and blended learning platforms provided by both institutions.
Admission requirements :
- A Master’s degree in a business and management related discipline from a recognised university or other institution of higher education; or equivalent qualifications or experience
- A minimum of five years’ business and management experience
- An English proficiency test is required for non-native English speakers (minimum score requirements are IELTS score of 7.0 or 102 or above in TOEFL IBT) or equivalent qualifications or experience
The application form
• You will be required to submit a research proposal of between 1,500-3,000 words as part of the selection process
• An interview will be conducted with the Founding Global DBA Director with each applicant prior to an offer being recommended
The Admission Board
Admission decisions are made jointly by Durham University Business School and emlyon business school
TUITION & FINANCING
TUITION & FINANCING are set at £60,000. (A £2,000 non-refundable deposit payable upon acceptance of an offer will be deducted from the first year's fee.)
Direct expenses in connection with research projects (for example travel and subsistence) are the responsibility of the individual student. Students may apply for funding for attendance at relevant events, such as Conferences, based on the Research policies of both schools. In addition, students are responsible for covering the costs in attending all modules.
If you have a disability, whether temporary or permanent or you suffer from health care issues, the Disability Centre is available to provide you with personalized service in complete confidentiality. For more information please contact email@example.com