Innovation For Growth Programme: Experience start-up innovation
A unique Action Learning programme to increase the impact of your innovation investments and to revitalise your employees
The programme is based on 4 principles:
Decentring involves removing participants from their work environment by means of immersion in technological start‐ups. Participants experience an environment which is rich in enthusiasm but typically lacking in resources – frugal innovation.
Action: within each start‐up the participants are responsible for a project which they must successfully complete: for example, it could involve developing a prototype, marketing a new product or finding the means to win over a new market.
Reflexivity: alternating with days spent in the start‐ups, participants meet to ask questions, discuss and work with the emlyon instructors and researchers who will help them to make the most of their experience. Reflection comprises two main points: managerial practices and business development.
Collaborative work: throughout the programme, the group develops a collective commitment proposal. The group presents the proposal to the business' management.
Employees are given a boost to help you transform your business
- Through their contact with the start-ups, employees experience frugal innovation, promoting idea sharing at the heart of your business
- This programme is a source of energy and dynamism and allows your employees to find new sources of for motivation and commitment at work
- After this experience, the employees give group advice to the members of the business' Management Committee
The following programme structure can be adjusted depending on each business' needs.
A support process with an immersion phase in a start-up.
- 3 seminars dedicated to the issue of innovation and change, and working on the associated human aspects:
- A three-day introductory module to create links within the class and to prepare teams for their immersion into the business (interaction protocol with the start-ups and contributions to the way innovation is addressed)
- Two day-long recesses to share start-up experiences and add targeted contributions in terms of team dynamics and human mobilisation
- 6-month immersion in a start-up; equivalent of 10 days dedicated to the project per participant
- A closure module with to 2 half-days to prepare and present the project to members of the Management Committee
Bouygues Telecom executives have already tried out this programme.
Programme run in partnership with the emlyon business school incubator and businesses specialising in the increase of technology transfer (SATT).